General Tax Information
*Mortgage companies looking to Sign-up with GovTech Tax Collection and Escrow System, please click on the link below.
- Tax bills are mailed around December 10th of each year.
- Bills are mailed to the owner of record, unless an official mailing address change has been made at the City Assessor's office.
- A copy of a Real Estate tax bill can be obtained online, which will include basic payment information, if a payment has been made.
Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- City Hall is closed New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thursday and Friday of Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Eve.
Real Estate Tax Bill Due Date
- May be paid in full by January 31st.
- If using the Installment Method:
- After January 31st payments will not be accepted at the City of Brookfield Treasurer's office.
- Note: Failure to pay at least the 1st installment of a real estate tax bill by January 31st, makes the total tax bill due and payable, and subject to interest and penalties.
Personal Property (Business) Tax Bill Due Date
- Should be paid in full by January 31st.
- Note: If bill is not paid in full by January 31st, penalties and interest accrue at 1.5% per month on the outstanding balance due.
- Any business entity that received a personal property tax bill, and has discontinued doing business or changed their location, should contact the City Assessor's office at 262-796-6649.
Acceptable Forms of Payment
Online (This option is for Real Estate Tax Bills Only. Not available for Personal Property Tax Bills.)
- Payment types accepted: Credit cards and electronic checks via the Pay Your Tax Bill Online link.
- Note: Credit card transactions are 2.39% fee, with a $1.50 minimum transaction fee. Electronic check transactions are $1.50 per E-Check, $10 for transactions $10,000 or greater.
City Hall 24 Hour Drop Box
- Note: After January 31st Drop Box is for Personal Property (Business) Taxes Only
- Payment type accepted: Check
- Location: Brookfield City Hall east parking lot adjacent to Brookfield Central High School
- Emptied Monday-Friday at 7:45 a.m. and will be processed as of the prior business day.
- Note: After January 31st In Person is for Personal Property (Business) Taxes Only
- Payment type accepted: Cash or check
- City Hall is open Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Print your own receipt for Real Estate property taxes by clicking on the Tax Bill Information link, and follow the onscreen instructions.
- If you would like a receipt returned to you, please enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope.
- Note: If making a payment by check, the tax receipt is not valid until the check has cleared all banks
A $35.00 service fee is charged for all returned items.
Questions regarding your property tax bill, please call the City of Brookfield Treasurer's Office at 262-796-6640 or via Email.