Fire Chief's Message
Welcome to the City of Brookfield Fire Department website. The City of Brookfield, WI is located 10 miles west of Downtown Milwaukee along Interstate 94. Brookfield enjoys a balanced mix of quality residential neighborhoods, modern commercial and office districts, interconnected system of parks, greenways, trails, and access to excellent education. The City has an overnight population of about 38,000 people and a daytime (jobs) population of 55,000. City of Brookfield has the third highest equalized property valuation in the State of Wisconsin.
We are an all hazards Fire and Emergency Medical Service Department operating from three fire stations with two fire engines, one ladder truck (quint) and three paramedic ambulances. The department has 60 personnel that provide emergency operations, fire prevention, hazardous material response, public education and technical rescue. The Department holds an Insurance Service Office (ISO) rating of 2.
The members of the Department are highly trained, extremely motivated and loyally focused on their core mission of serving the community. In my estimation they are the finest fire and rescue service professionals. Our department has a long standing history of providing quality service and programs to the community. We stand committed to expanding on this tradition in our future endeavors through collaborative community interaction and the enhanced delivery of customer care services.
The City of Brookfield Fire Department takes great pride in the many items that make us a leading community based service organization. Items such as:
- An outstanding commitment to quality customer service;
- Our belief that we are an important part of our community;
- Our commitment to providing high quality training to our personnel;
- A consistent focus on meeting the community’s emergency response needs in a successful, cost efficient manner;
- Our dedication to our overall objective of improving the quality of life and safety of the residents and visitors to the City of Brookfield.
Fire Chief Charlie Myers